What is My Wish?
The 'My Wish' Program is coordinated by Heartland Hospice Moose Jaw to assist terminally ill individuals who are seeking peace and closure with the realization of a final wish. Wishes are intended to be simple and carry little cost, but be rich in meaning for patients, families, and health care providers. Heartland Hospice Moose Jaw has partnered with other community agencies and sponsors to make an individual's wish come true.
What are some examples of wishes?
- Entertainment tickets (event, play, sporting event, or concert)
- Gift basket or item (favourite food, candles, book, gift card, etc.)
- Local travel (taxi, limo, emergency services, gas card)
- Personal treatments (massage, hair treatment, manicure/pedicure)
- Warm blanket
- Outing to home or memorable location
- Visit from family pet or family member
- Arrangements for a call over Skype or FaceTime
Please note that wishes are at the discretion of Heartland Hospice Moose Jaw. These wishes cannot include bill or cash payments, legal assistance, purchase of large ticket items, property improvements, funeral expenses, medical treatments, or vacations, including travel outside the province. Clients and families are encouraged to see other agencies/programs which are beyond the ability of Heartland Hospice Moose Jaw.